Tuesday, January 10, 2012

DIY Wrapped Headphones

I assume you've heard of it: Pinterest. The biggest addiction since Facebook came along.

It really is quite useful though, and I for one have actually taken to tackling some of my pinnings. The first Pinterest project I ever did was to glam up my Iphone headphones. That's right, you heard me. Check out the inspirations for my project here.

So after a little research of how to actually tie the things (this website will hook you up quite well!), I set out to Hobby Lobby, or Hobey Lobey as we like to call it, for some embroidery floss.

My color choices ended up being #3840, #3746, and #3326. Which, for those of you who are curious, are a light blue, perfect purple, and rose pink. And yes, those are my wedding colors for the wedding I'm not planning---no, really. And yes, I use them to coordinate like everything in my life. Needless to say, after about a week of picking it up, putting it down, getting lazy and forgetting about it....



 and then finally deciding it was getting finished that day, I ended up with these little beauties:





The great thing is, you only end up using just under one 'package' of embroidery floss per color. So at 35 cents a pop, that's some cute decorated headphones for a total of $1.05!!!! Woo hoo!

So have you tried this yet? Let me know how it works out for ya! :)

No comments: