Tuesday, January 10, 2012

DIY Star Wars Snowflakes

Ok I'll admit it, I didn't see Star Wars until my boyfriend and his family decided they needed to save me from the humiliation of having not, when I was 18 years old. I know, shocking. But the good news is, I loved it!


So, in honor of the holidays and Star Wars, I decided to use my newly acquired Exacto knife and these templates to decorate.

OH MAN. Let me just warn you, the results are A W E S O M E. But these little boogers are time consuming, to say the least!

First, I cut out some designs:


And then, after a fun trip to Hobby Lobby with my sister (can you say SALE?! on the scrapbook paper), I modge-podged them into these:


Not bad, not bad. Yoda is definitely my favorite! You can see in the picture that he's laying on top of a fantastic green background. I think it's perfect. And now what to do with them? Well, that thought is still in process actually. I'm thinking of framing them to adorn my oh so needy apartment walls. 

What do you think?


2 comments:

Marci Chadwell said...

Thanks for the linky. lol. Also, love all the pictures! I know you're just starting this blog out, leaving comments on your fav blogs is one way to get it out there...

Jessica @ A Zest of Jess said...

No problemo :)
Thanks for the advice!