Thursday, January 26, 2012

Campus Tour

Come with me, and you'll be, in a world of your imagination....

Ok so I'm not really sure why Willy Wonka and his dreamy song popped into my head when I started writing this. But nonetheless, Marci and I took a stroll around campus and I thought I'd share some of the beauty with you.

Here's Marci posing in front of some of the large men we found on campus. Just to clarify, I'm referring to the huge metal statues. Yeesh. But anyway, campus is famous for it's "random art", and we just so happened to find some--you guessed it--pretty randomly along our path.


Ok next is the Architecture Building. Or as I like to call it, the Rome Building. It's pretty easy to see why. Obviously, part of Rome is sitting on top! I actually learned recently that it IS possible to get up there. Hmm...Apparently one of the fraternities on campus used to do their yearly initiation rituals up there. And somehow, in all 20+ years they never got caught. That is, until a couple of years ago. Security was shocked to find them up there dressed in "fraternity ritual apparel", and had no idea they'd been doing it for so long. HA! Needless to say, their chapter was penalized and couldn't operate for like a year or something. That just goes to show you...don't trespass on Rome.


I guess we just went at a good time of day, because it was really pretty walking around!



It's too bad we didn't run across any of the "campus bootification"or get any snapshots of the "libeary" while we were out and about. That's mainly a joke I put up in honor of my Dad. The first time I ever came to campus was on a 'College Day' in High School, and he brought me. Our tour guide had quite the way of pronouncing things on our tour, and my Dad wouldn't quit cracking up. Which made me crack up of course. I'm pretty sure she didn't like us very much after that. Ah, well. Memories.

And just for fun, here's a shot of Marci in the bookstore a couple of days later....


Her first day, actually. Fun :)

Well that's that. I know it was kinda short, but maybe you can see why I like campus so much...

And I wouldn't be a true Cougar if I didn't leave you with a

GO COOGS!
\.|/


No comments: